Saturday, February 5, 2011

Prototype: Discrete Tetris

This was my very first encounter with the CS4 collection. It was the first assignment of Typography I my Freshman year. The assignment  was to create an interesting font which was to be aesthetically pleasing while still being uniform to the rest of the font. It was challenging because I was introduced to a whole new system and did not yet know how to use it efficiently. I wanted to create a typeface which had variations in weight and did not want to have a stair step effect. It uses negative space to its advantage. I named this typeface Discrete Tetris. Discrete means detached, separate, and individually discrete. While tetris is a beloved video game which requires the player to see the forms before the falling pieces lock into place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment